On September 14th, we offer two free guided tours through the botanical garden, just behind the venue. Each tour has 25 slots, so this is first come, first served.
The botanical garden is maintained by the University of Münster. The garden was begun in 1803 by Freiherr vom Stein for the university's medical faculty, with first greenhouses built in 1804. From 1806–1815, during the occupation of Westphalia by French troops, its emphasis changed from medicinal plants to a primary focus on indigenous plants. Its first seed catalog issued in 1827, and its orangery was constructed in 1840. Today, the botanical garden contains about 8000 plant species.
Please use the following forms to register: